Oak Class Blog - 21st October 2022
I cannot believe it is half term already. It has been a jammed packed start to the year, with many highlights, in particular the residential. This week, Oak Class have been continuing to read 'The Nowhere Emporium' in English, exploring negative numbers in Maths and carrying out Sports Hall Athletics in PE.
Oak class have continued to use the sentence stacking technique to create interesting and imaginative sentences based on 'The Nowhere Emporium' book. They have enjoyed the drama aspects of English, acting out different reactions to events in the story. They also used their sentence stackers to create a descriptive piece of writing, which showed the impressive writers we have in Oak Class.
In Maths this week, Oak class have been exploring negative numbers and reviewing and extending their knowledge of rounding. As you can see from the photos below, the class enjoyed playing games to consolidate this knowledge.
Black History Month
Over the course of this month, Oak Class have been reading the book 'Diver's Daughter' which looks at the life of a fictional character called Eve, whose mother is a black servant in Tudor times. This week we explored the lack of rights that Eve and her mother had and explored the rights of children today. We looked at the UN Rights of Children and the children came up with some of their own.
Our new student leadership team is now in place and the children received their badges in a special 'House Assembly' yesterday. After half term, they shall start carrying out their leadership tasks, which I know the leaders are enthusiastic about.
Dates for your Diary
- Monday 31st October - Deadline for bringing back Cauliflower (Christmas cards) artwork if you have ordered online
- Wednesday 2nd November - Individual Photos. Please ensure your child is wearing full school uniform
- Wednesday 2nd November - Cross Country Event (the selected children have been informed)
- Monday 7th November - Virtual Parents Evening. Please email Miss Curtis for an appointment
- Tuesday 8th November - In-person Parents Evening. Please sign up on the sheet in the playground
Have a lovely half term holiday.