Oak Class Blog - 27th May 2022
Design and Technology Week
During Design and Technology week, Oak Class explored the structure and function of buildings and then designed and created their own. Their brief was to create a bridge which would go across a river and could be opened to let tall boats through as well as closed to let pedestrians and vehicles across.
Over the course of the week they carried out a variety of tasks:
- Creating a paper bridge to hold a toy car
- Creating triangle frames in 2D and 3D
- Learning to measure materials accurately
- Learning how to use hacksaws and glue guns safely
- Exploring the structure of different types of bridges
- Designing a bridge to fit the brief
- Making their bridge
- Evaluating their own bridge
- Peer assessment of their classmates bridges
The children worked really hard all week and showed brilliant team work skills. You can see from the photos below that they also showed amazing Design and Technology skills. They should all be very proud of the bridges they created.
Wishing you all a lovely half-term holiday.